Saturday, March 27, 2010

Work Apron


If you're anything like me when sewing, I lay down a tool and then a minute later I can't find the darned thing. It is usually hidden under a pattern or a piece of fabric. This costs me a lot of my most precious resource, time. I found this McCalls craft pattern at my local Joann Fabrics on a sale day. This is a project that I have had waiting in the wings for a long time. Since I am heading to a Martha Pullen retreat, I had the perfect incentive for finally getting it done.

This was made from the yardage left over from the Walking With Purpose tote in my last entry. The pattern called for a neck strap and a waist strap but I made a few modifications. I orignally went ahead with the neck strap. After I loaded the pockets with all of my stuff, I found that my neck was really hurting. One of the vertebrae in my neck has a touch of arthritis. I changed it by making a loop on each side at the waist and then made long straps out of bias attaching them to the top of the apron at each side. You then criss cross the straps in the back and thread the straps thru the loops. This helped distribute the weight of the apron to the middle of my back instead of my neck. Now I'm ready to work!

Thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment